Kala chana is a very important part of Punjabi Cuisine. It is quiet healthy as well as it is full of diety fibre, vitamins , minerals and Protein but it has a very low Glycemic index. You can eat them by cooking it with curry , or simply making salad after sprouting. It is very very delicious.
Here is the Recipe for the Kala chana Curry
- Kala Chana / Black Chickpea
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Green Chilly
- Haldi – ½ Tea Spoon
- Salt – As per taste
- Red Chili Powder – As per taste
- Garam Masala – 1/4th Tea Spoon
- Meat Masala / Kitchen King Masala – 1/4th Tea Spoon
- Soak Black Chickpea overnight. This will make them soft and it will take less time to cook.
- Finely Chop / Blend Onion.
- Make tomato Puree / cut the tomatoes into fine small pieces.
- Wash the Soaked Kala chana and put them in Pressure cooker with some salt.
- Prepare the Masala Side By side.
- Let it pressure cooked up to 1 whistle after which lower the flame and let it boil for around 30 minutes.
- For Masala, Put two tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan.
- Add some Jeera and let it simmer for a min.
- Add finely chopped / blended onion.
- Add Ginger garlic paste.
- Sauté it till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add Haldi, Red Chili powder, Garam Masala and kitchen kind Masala and Mix well.
- Put little water to avoid burning of Masala.
- Now add Tomato puree and cook it till the Masala starts leaving the oil.
- Once this is cooked, mix this with the boiled Kala Chana.
- For Thick gravy mash 1/4th Kala chana.
- Let it simmer on low flame for 30 minutes.
- Garnish it with Dhaniya and Green chili and it is ready to serve
Serve with Rice / chapatti