Panchratna Dal is a very popular in India. As the name suggests, it is made by combining five kinds of dal common to Indian households. It is also known as Panchmel dal. It is a combination of 5 Dals mainly Moong Dal, Masoor Dal, Chana Dal, Kale Urad Dal, Toor Dal.
- Mix Dal – 1Katori
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green Chili
- Red Chili
- Haldi (Turmeric)
- Garam Masala – ¾ Teaspoon
- Hing (optional)
- Soak Dal for 30 Mins.
- Convert tomato into puree.
- Boil the dal in pressure cooker with grated ginger, green chili, salt and haldi.
- After one whistle keep it on low flame for about 10 Mins.
- In another Pan, take 2 Tbs of cooking oil.
- Sauté onion till they are golden brown and then add garlic, ginger in it.
- Stir it for some time before putting spices.
- Mix Well.
- Pour Tomato Puree in it and let it simmer for few mins.
- Once the tadka starts leaving oil, switch off the gas and pour it in the boiled Dal.
- Cook in pressure cooker for about 5 mins before putting Garam Masala and Dhaniya.
- For Garnishing,
- Heat 1 tbs Desi Ghee, put Red Chili and Degi mirch in it.
- Pour the mixture on the Dal and Serve it