So you have bought tomatoes in bulk but not sure how to preserve them for long or you are a working women and get overburden each day by making tomato paste for your dishes. Follow the step by step guide to make tomato puree and preserve it for day to day daily use. It will make your work fast and gives you much needed me time!!
- Tomatoes (1 Kg)
- Citric acid or Sirka
- Salt for taste
- Make small cuts in cross shape on the tomatoes. Make sure the cuts are very minute.
- Boil them for 5 Mins.
- Let them cool a bit and after that peel the skin from them.
- Take a mixer and churn them in a paste.
- Take a pan, add oil in it.
- Add raw puree in the hot oil and stir it for 20 Mins.
- Add pinch of salt, 1 spoon citric acid or sirca (these acts as preservatives and save the puree from spoiling)
- Mix well.
- Let it cool for some time and then store in a Glass jar in refrigerator.
- Use it as required in your dishes.