Bhindi is one vegetable which is quick to make and easy to digest. Double the onions and lots of spices, surely make this Bhindi very appetizing. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy okra with Roti.
- Salt as per taste
- Red Chilli
- Methi Seeds
- Lemon juice ( 1 spoon )
- Washing & Cutting – This is very important part to take care of while cooking bhindi. One wrong step and bhindi will be spoiled.
- Wash the Bhindi with water and let it dry. I prefer to let it dry overnight because of the sliminess it gets because of water. You can wash it and pat dry it with kitchen towel as well.
- After drying it completely, cut it in small pieces.
- Cut the onions in long strands.
- Take oil in pan and heat it.
- Add methi seeds and half of the onion in it.
- Sauté it well till the onion leaves it red color and starts showing white color.
- Now add bhindi in it and sauté it.
- Add salt, red chili and lemon juice in it and mix well.
- Now add rest of the onion and stir it well.
- Keep it in low flame and let it cook.
- Do not cover it with lid. This will make your bhindi slimy.
- Now pour some amchur powder over it.
- Serve it with Hot Steaming Roti!!
- Lemon Juice is added to make sure that bhindi don’t stick to each other.
- Methi seeds help in digesting it better.
- Drying it properly before cutting makes it less slimy.
- Don’t cover the lid while cooking as by covering steam gets generated which adds water in return and make your bhindi slimy.